Saturday, December 26, 2015

Leaving the Poorly Lit Closet

I love movies.

I love love love love love love love love movies.

This has been a hard thing to admit.

As a Christian, I follow the directives of: 1. Love the Lord, my God with all my heart and soul and 2. Love all of mankind. Those are the big ones.

Right below God and human beings is movies.

I just loooooooooooooove movies.

And it's taken me -- hmm, nearly ten years to admit that. My actual "infatuation" would have begun in 2006 with Pan's Labyrinth.

I love, love, loooooove movies.

I can't hide that fact and I have to stop running from it. It's not New Year's Eve yet, but in 2016, I resolve to do something about this.

I will leave the badly lit, 1-second-per-second closet and strike out for a new world of unbridled enthusiasm in 24-frames-a-second. Because God created human beings, and human beings make movies. Movies are just too important.

I have to do something. Because if there's one thing I can do in this world that might make a difference, and that I really, deeply care about -- it's got to do with movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment